Here at the Lucas Fox office we love keeping up with the news. Our marketing manager showed us a new free application called Pulse.
There are a lot of newsreaders on the market, but Pulse as a free reader can take RSS links from blogs, sites, Google Reader and even your friends Facebook links and integrate them into one panel. There’s helpful instructions once you first install the application, but what sets it apart is how cool, slick and fast the interface is. I would say its quite iPad like with its interface.
The application allows simple sharing of news items on a variety of social media and email platforms.
Here’s some of the features direct from the Android Market
- NEW! Facebook Feed: Now you can visualize your news feeds and your own wall visually, right inside Pulse. Not only that, the Facebook news feed comes preloaded with the app!
- Dashboard: With the dashboard layout, you can continue to browse news stories as you read an article.
- Offline sync: No internet? No problem. Pulse loads the news stories you read, and makes it available wherever you are.
- Easy share: Found an interesting news article? Sharing a news story on Pulse via email, facebook, twitter and other services is as easy as 2 taps.
- News discovery: Pulse features new publishers every Friday. You can also search for a news source by simple keywords.
Keeping up to date with business news as well as a sneaky glossy magazine is so much more fun. The great part is it works in off-line mode so you can view news articles on the plane.
More information on Pulse can be found on Android Market here: